Sunday, March 30, 2014

Prompt: "Into The Wild"


             
        We have many things in our life that we think we cannot live without. However, in reality those items are nothing but extra and “unnecessary baggage” that we can survive without. Just how Chris McCandless “sheds” his belongings and “unnecessary baggage” such as his car and surprisingly his money, we can all do the same. If I were to get rid of things I absolutely really did not need, the first place I would go is my closet. I would get rid of some of the clothes I do not wear or truly need.  Excess sweaters, Shirts, jean, shorts I do not wear as often would be the things I get rid of.  I would also “shed” a few pair of boots. Other things I would get rid of would be books I do not read, makeup I do not really need and purses or bags I rarely use. Aside from all these things I probably would survive without, there are a few things I would not be able to live without. These items include my computer to do blogs for my awesome English class, my stuffed animal unicorn to cuddle with and my phone to keep in touch with friends and family.  


4 comments:

  1. People these days drag on "unnecessary baggage," physically and mentally. Sometimes, one needs to discard of these needless articles to be able to take a breath of fresh air. Society has been sucked in my this centuries endless amounts of advancements. Getting rid of this "unnecessary baggage" might just be the perfect solution. Excellent blog post Karnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unnecessary baggage" could be many different things. Clothes, accessories, electronics, and much more. At times getting rid of useless items can change one for the better. Every girl probably has a few items in their closet that could go. I can easily admit my closet has a fair share of clothes that can go.This blog is extremely relatable, fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People all over the world keep unnecessary baggage that even they do not realize that they own items that they have even not used in their life, sitting there in the corner of the closet. Many would realize that without all the unused items around the house, life would be much simpler. Fantastic blog, Karnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Society has evolved immensely. People nowadays cannot be separated from technology; considering it has an important role in our lives. It is an item most people cannot live without, in which Karnie most definitely agrees with. Karnie's blog is well written and certainly relatable. She mentions the "unnecessary baggage" in her life that can be discarded from her closet. Fantastic job, Karnie!

    ReplyDelete