Monday, September 2, 2013

Blog 5 : Ice Cream

Chocolate Chip

Why choose between chocolate and vanilla when you can have both? (Rhetorical question) The wonderfully delicious flavor of chocolate chip satisfies your need for the bold taste of chocolate as well as the sweet and subtle savor of vanilla. The vanilla aspect gives the creamy ice cream feel, and the chocolate chips add that special crunch.  Because of its originality, you can find the chocolate chip flavor almost anywhere. Since it is a combination of two simple flavors, vanilla and chocolate chips, it appeals to more people given that it is not too exotic. As you take a lick from your cone of chocolate chip ice cream you feel the sweetness, the crunch, the freshness, the satisfaction. (Asyndeton) As a kid, my grandfather would always take me to Baskin Robins on my birthday for some ice cream. He had told me his favorite flavor was chocolate chip, so I started to get that too. Until now, it has been my favorite. Every time I go to Baskin Robins to get some chocolate chip ice cream, I remember my childhood and all the fun times I had with my grandfather even though he is not here anymore. (Pathos)  So, on the next hot summer day, when you’re sweating and all you need is a refreshing treat, be sure to stop by at any ice cream parlor, and buy yourself a nice cone of chocolate chip ice cream. 


2 comments:

  1. I suddenly feel the need to have a scoopful of chocolate chip ice cream. Karnie’s article was delightfully structured and used adjectives that made one eager to devour this ice cream. Connecting to one’s past is truly a perfect use of pathos. Outstanding job connecting to the audience emotionally, Karnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to congratulate Karnie for writing such an intriguing and remarkable post. The way that she describes the flavoring of the ice cream, makes one want to get their hands on an extra large carton of chocolate chip ice cream. She made sure that her readers will have an emotional connection to her post, which was most definitely a success. Karnie has written an admirable post! Well done Karnie!

    ReplyDelete