Sunday, February 9, 2014

Movie Review





       I absolutely loved the Great Gatsby movie. I enjoyed every minute of it and did not want it to end. People say the books are usually better than the movies, but not in this case. I thought the movie was way more extravagant and was successfully able to capture the theme better. First, the way the movie was filmed was awesome. It fit right into the setting of the 1920s. Second, the actors and actresses who were playing the parts were also great. Each character was chosen perfectly for their role in the story. The best of all however, was Gatsby played by Dicaprio. He did a phenomenal job recreating Gatsby, as written in the book. The thing I liked most about the movie was the soundtrack. Every song fit every scene absolutely perfectly. All of them were modern tracks however still gave an old 1920’s feel. The costumes were also brilliant. All of these aspects together truly made me love and enjoy the movie very much. I did not think the movie would be this spectacular, honestly. I was not even really looking forward to watching it. However, after watching it I was glad because I can safely say it is one of my favorite movies for now.

3 comments:

  1. The Great Gatsby was one of the most disappointing novels I have had the displeasure of reading. The hype about it was so great that it made me have expectations that the Great Gatsby could not live up to. This blog post, however, is very well written and full of elegance. I agree the soundtrack was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karnie, the movie was more enjoyable and easier to interpret than the novel, and yet it was still extremely accurate! DiCaprio was born to play this role. However, the soundtrack was a bit of a letdown for the movie as a Jazz Age representation, even though I have every single song on my phone. This blog was straight-forward and well-written. Great work, Karnicles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karnie and I have incredibly similar points for the movie review. The movie was more fascinating and capturing than the book. Every aspect of the movie was well thought out by the director, which made it a huge success. The soundtrack was absolutely phenomenal and the actors and actresses truly showed their capabilites. Fantastic blog post Karnie!

    ReplyDelete